Have you ever been asked a tough question about your faith? I sure have.
Sometimes when Christians talk to people about God, or when people discover that we believe what the Bible says, they fire off a list of questions.
Tough questions, like:
- How can you say Jesus is the only way to God?
- What about the person who’s never heard of Jesus?
- How can the Bible be the Word of God when it was written by fallible men?
- How can a good God allow such evil in the world?
These questions, and many others, can be hard to answer. If you’re not ready for these questions, they can eat your lunch– the sandwich, the candy bar, and the note from mom.
Good Questions Need Good Answers
Over the years, I have enjoyed a number of excellent resources that have helped answer these questions and many of my own.
Here are a few categories of resources I recommend, in no certain order, including books, DVDs, and audio messages. They are general and offer a nice variety of good answers on issues of apologetics.
Books on Christian Apologetics:
- Answers for the World’s Tough Questions Passport, by me and other writers at Insight for Living (Read an online sample and watch the video by Chuck Swindoll here.)
- When Skeptics Ask: A Handbook on Christian Evidences, by Norman L. Geisler and Ronald M. Brooks
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism, by Timothy Keller
- Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis
- Hard Questions, Real Answers, by William Lane Craig
- Jesus Among Other Gods: The Absolute Claims of the Christian Message, by Ravi Zacharias
DVDs on Christian Apologetics:
This last DVD I had the privilege of helping with. It’s a documentary project by Cloud Ten called “12 Biggest Lies.” The DVD is well produced and features interviews from “leading minds such as Ravi Zacharias, Alex Jones, Kerby Anderson, and many more!” (I’m part of the “many more” group.) You can see all the contributors here.
The DVD sheds light on 12 common misconceptions:
- There is no such thing as truth.
- People are inherently good.
- No one should be offended.
- Men and women are equal.
- A fetus isn’t human.
- The world is overpopulated.
- Americans are greedy and self-centered.
- Islam is a religion of peace.
- The Jews stole Jerusalem.
- The earth is billions of years old.
- There is no God.
- Jesus was just a good man.
Here is the trailer for the DVD. (Some of the clips are also online.)
Podcasts and Audio Messages on Christian Apologetics:
- Reasonable Faith – William Lane Craig
- Defenders – William Lane Craig
- Stand to Reason – Greg Koukl
- Please Convince Me – J. Warner Wallace
- Just Thinking – Ravi Zacharias
- Let My People Think – Ravi Zacharias
Here is an apologetics series I preached called, “Good Answers to Good Questions.” The messages are:
- Is the Bible Really God’s Word?
- Is Jesus the Only Way?
- Is Hell Really Necessary?
- What Good is Evil?
- Is There Absolute Truth?
Question: What other resources have you found helpful for Christian apologetics? Please leave a comment.