If you want to grow in your relationship with God, there’s one thing you can do that will make more difference than anything. Read the Bible. Here’s why.
Did you know? Research shows that someone who reads the Bible 4 or more times each week is:
- 228% more likely to share their faith
- 407% more likely to memorize scripture
- 59% less likely to view pornography
- 30% less likely to struggle with loneliness
Bottom line? A person who reads the Bible will have a life that looks different from one who doesn’t—even as a Christian. Perhaps this is why Peter wrote:
Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation (1 Peter 2:2).
I’ll be reading the Bible this next year. I urge you to join me!
Here are some easy ways you can do it.
Read the Bible—Again
I have no idea how many times I’ve read the Bible. Probably a couple of dozen, at least. But no matter how many times I read God’s Word, there’s always more each time I read it. We have an inexhaustible text.
God prepares us to read, to hear, and to understand different parts of the Bible during different times in our lives. It’s new each time we read it.
Read the Bible with Me This Year
Why not read with me?
- Bookmark this post and feel free to leave comments throughout the year as you read.
- If you have a question, I’ll do my best to answer it.
- I’ve also put together a post that includes 7 free resources to help you read the Bible this year.
Make this the year you read the Bible!
It will change your life.
Tell me what you think: Do you plan to read the Bible this year? To leave a comment, just click here.